Re: [Bug #11308] tbench regression on each kernel release from 2.6.22-> 2.6.28

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 13:33:57 EST

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> hm, i'm not sure whether i can post benchmarks from the Nehalem box -
> but i can confirm it in general terms that it's rather nice ;-)

Intel released the NDA from various web sites a week or two ago, and Intel
is now selling it in the US (I think today was in fact the official
launch), so I think benchmarks are safe - you can buy the dang things on
the street.

I don't know what availability is, of course. But I doubt that Intel would
mind Nehalem benchmarks even if it were a paper launch - at least from my
personal experience, I've not seen any bad behavior (and plenty of good).

> This was run on another testbox (4x4 Barcelona) that rocks similarly
> well in terms of memory subsystem latencies: which seems to be
> tbench's main current critical path.

Ahh, ok.

Linus