Re: [Tpctl-users] Inclusion of tp_smapi module into kernel?

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 14:21:45 EST

Shem Multinymous wrote:
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:13 PM, J.R. Mauro <jrm8005@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are several utilities maintained by this author, and finding
some way to merge the code has been tried more than once. If you look
back far enough, Andrew asked to have another of the project's members
sign off on the patch, and maybe that would be acceptable enough, but
afaik the author has never responded directly to that idea.

We've discussed that in private at the time, and recently on LKML too.
In summary:
I'm fine with that, and so is everybody I talked to (including Linus),
except Greg KH who vetoed it since he believes the code is irrevocably
and contagiously evil.

Signed-off-by is about copyright, it's not a review issue. It means "I certify that I know that the author had the rights to submit this code." Code quality is important but separate.

-hpa