Re: [Bug #11308] tbench regression on each kernel release from 2.6.22-> 2.6.28

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 17:39:45 EST

Ingo Molnar a écrit :
* Eric Dumazet <dada1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ingo Molnar a écrit :

it's this division:

if (doing_tso) {
[...]
xmit_size_goal -= (xmit_size_goal % mss_now);

Has no-one hit this before? Perhaps this is why switching loopback networking to TSO had a performance impact for others?
Yes, I mentioned it later. [...]

i see - i just caught up with some of my inbox from today.

[...] But apparently you dont read my mails, so I will just stop now.

Sorry, i spent my time looking at the profile output.

No problem Ingo, I am very glad you take so much time to profil kernel ;)

I had too many problems with profilers on my dev machine lately :(