Re: 2.6.28-rc4-mmotm1110 shift-lock oddness

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 21:37:05 EST

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:26:51 +0100, Jiri Kosina said:

> First, we'd need a little bit more information about the hardware in
> question, I guess.

Dell Latitude D820 laptop, with a USB-connected Microsoft Natural keyboard. I
don't think it's the USB subsystem going *completely* bonkers, as the
USB-connected trackball mouse functions just fine when this happens...

> What laptop is that, please? Is the keyboard PS/2-connected or
> USB-connected? Could you obtain evtest output from the buggy cases please?

Hmm.. Got a pointer to a usable copy? The best I could find googling for
'linux evtest' was:

https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/packages/utils/event_test/src/evtest.c

which wants a /dev/inputN - all I have is /dev/input/ and entries under that
for the laptop's onboard mousepad and the trackball mouse, no keyboard entry.

Hmm part two:

% zgrep EVDEV /proc/config.gz
# CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV is not set

Should I be looking at rebuilding the kernel with this =m?