Re: linux-m68k.git

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 16:20:19 EST

Hi Geert,

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:49:01 +0100 (CET) Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (Finally) I created an experimental git tree for Linux/m68k:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geert/linux-m68k.git
>
> It contains more or less all patches I had in my quilt series at
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geert/linux-m68k-patches-2.6/
> A notable exception is m68k-PRIVATE-m68k-changes.diff, which hardcoded ARCH to
> m68k.
>
> I also created for-next and for-linus branches. Do they look OK?

They look good. I have added the for-linus branch as my m68k-current
tree and changed my m68k tree over to the for-next branch.

> If I did something wrong, please let me know.
> This is still experimental stuff, which may be rebased if needed.

That's fine as long as the commits in the for-next branch are: posted
somewhere relevant, reviewed, tested and destined for the next merge
window. (None of these requirements have changed from what should have
been in your quilt tree.)

I expect the for-linus branch to be fixes and stuff for the current
release.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx