pci_read_config_* functions and uninitialized warnings?

From: Richard Holden
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 13:15:55 EST

I'm building linux-next and seeing a lot of uninitialized warnings that go back to values being set using pci_read_config_* functions. Does anyone more familiar than I am with that code have any ideas on how to get GCC to realize that the pci_read_config_* initialize the vars. I don't want to end up submitting a lot of patches with uninitialized_var to fix the problems.

gcc --version: gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 (Gentoo 4.1.2 p1.1)

-Richard Holden