Re: [patch 2.6.28-rc2] at91_mci: workaround lockdep

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Thu Nov 20 2008 - 10:43:19 EST

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:02:43 +0100
Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pierre Ossman :
> > On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:28:46 +0100
> > Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Acked-by: Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@xxxxxxxxx>
> >>

> > Any side-effects besides from dmesg noise? IOW should I push for .28?
>
> No side-effect. I advice you to push it for .28-final.

Well, considering Linus' recent clarification I was thinking more along
the lines that if the only thing it "solves" is some dmesg noise, then
it can wait for .29. :)

--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.