Re: [ath5k-devel] Unusually low speeds with ath5k and iwl3945

From: Derek Smithies
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 22:46:27 EST

Hi,
to verify that it is a rate control issue, there is one very simple and very practical test.

Take both ends of your link, and set them to fixed rate, and at the rate you think it should be achieving.
If you can achieve significantly higher throughputs with fixed rate, you know that the rate control algorithm (or interface with rate algorithm) has failed.

Derek.