Re: processors core stuck in full throttle after waking up froms2ram

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Sat Nov 22 2008 - 22:59:35 EST

On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 23:33 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 of November 2008, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

> > > Surely not. The first core shows 2.16 GHz.
> > >
> > > Anyway, it certainly is not related to the s2ram program in any way.
> >
> > Normally I would see cpu MHz: 1000 under both entries,
> > this time upon wakeup theres 1000 and 2167.00. the 2167.00 doesn't move
> > down to 1000 i.g. example of system normally:
> > cat /proc/cpuinfo <below>
> >
> > processor : 0
> > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
> > cpu family : 6
> > model : 15
> > model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz
> > stepping : 6
> > cpu MHz : 1000.000
> > cache size : 4096 KB
> > physical id : 0
> > siblings : 2
> > core id : 0
> > cpu cores : 2
> > apicid : 0
> > initial apicid : 0
> > fdiv_bug : no
> > hlt_bug : no
> > f00f_bug : no
> > coma_bug : no
> > fpu : yes
> > fpu_exception : yes
> > cpuid level : 10
> > wp : yes
> > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
> > constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni
> > dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm
> > tpr_shadow
> > bogomips : 4322.48
> > clflush size : 64
> > power management:
> >
> > processor : 1
> > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
> > cpu family : 6
> > model : 15
> > model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz
> > stepping : 6
> > cpu MHz : 1000.000
> > cache size : 4096 KB
> > physical id : 0
> > siblings : 2
> > core id : 1
> > cpu cores : 2
> > apicid : 1
> > initial apicid : 1
> > fdiv_bug : no
> > hlt_bug : no
> > f00f_bug : no
> > coma_bug : no
> > fpu : yes
> > fpu_exception : yes
> > cpuid level : 10
> > wp : yes
> > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
> > constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni
> > dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm
> > tpr_shadow
> > bogomips : 4322.51
> > clflush size : 64
> > power management:
> >
> > under normal use this
> > will move between 2167.00 to 1000 simultaneously under load with both
> [...]

O.K. Now I'm confused, this morning
I pulled, then let the system sit and idle
all day, now after sending you a post
I decided to make sure that this was happening,
before I go and downgrade the xserver, to load the other
graphics module. Much to my surprise the cores
were reacting properly, both at 1000 MHz.
("pooof", it's fixed);
So with that in mind(I'm not crazy, really I'm not....)
whatever was commited between 2.6.28-rc5-00118-geef8eed
and 2.6.28-rc6-00011-g3791555 fixed the issue.
At this point thanks for assisting me, and for now
I'll just keep my eyes open and send a post if I see
anything out of the ordinary. As for the:

[ INFO: possible circular locking dependency detected ]
in my original post, Seems to show up when I disable
hot-plugging in my xorg.conf(I still need to check that);

regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx>