Re: [take 3] Use pid in inotify events.

From: John McCutchan
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 00:08:19 EST

At this point I don't really want to see changes made to inotify. But,
for arguments sake, why not something like inotify_init1 that takes a
flag EXTENDED_EVENT which causes a larger event structure to be used.
Something like,

struct inotify_event_extended
{
s32 wd;
u32 mask;
u32 cookie;
u32 data[4];
char path[0];
}

The data array could be used to store arbitrary extra information,
specified by flags.

--
John McCutchan <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>