Re: [ath5k-devel] License of changes to ath5k/ath9k

From: Bob Copeland
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 16:30:14 EST

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez
<lrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We'll keep using the ath5k Changes-licensed-under tag until we get
> advice from SFLC if we have done enough to ensure this is no longer
> necessary. For ath9k, if we are not sure if you have read the
> "Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1" we may ping you with an e-mail
> just to be sure.

I don't consider any of my changes significant enough to confer copyright,
so by my Signed-off-by, I agree that whatever license the file currently
has is alright by me. Even if the changes were significant, the previous
holds.

However, if everyone + SFLC prefers that we strictly use
Changes-licensed-under even if we don't claim copyright, then I'll
happily add the tag generator script to a git commit hook :)

> Ps. Please do not open any can of worms here, this is just informational.

Sure. I like the ath9k way, but really it doesn't matter that much.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com