Re: [BUG] linux-2.6.28-rc3 regression: IRQ smp_affinities not respected

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 04:02:11 EST

Eric Dumazet a écrit :
Michael Chan a écrit :
I believe this may be the patch that broke it:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ce6fce4295ba727b36fdc73040e444bd1aae64cd

I don't remember all the details, but the Broadcom 5708 chip is
affected because it does not support MSI per-vector masking.

One way to get around is to disable MSI with bnx2 parameter
disable_msi=1.

I tried this MSI disabling and yes, it now works.

16: 42726 128 105 106 89 89 145 152 IO-APIC-fasteoi uhci_hcd:usb1, eth0, eth1

I believe the bnx2 driver doesnt work at all if !disable_msi (default setting)

Doing a "echo 0 >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online" just freeze network

No messages logged

If loaded with disable_msi=1, the cpu unplug works as expected.

Thats a pretty serious issue.