Re: [git pull] drm fixes for 2.6.28 final

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Fri Nov 28 2008 - 19:21:19 EST

On Friday, 28 of November 2008, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Thursday, November 27, 2008 7:26 pm Dave Airlie wrote:
> > Hi Linus,
> >
> > Please pull the 'drm-fixes' branch from
> > ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6.git
> > drm-fixes
> >
> > This larger than we wished patch, fixes a number of regressions reported.
> >
> > 1. vblank rework causes hangs on VT switch - fixes touches all drivers.
>
> To clarify here, only one userspace driver was actually silly enough to
> disable IRQs at VT leave time, xf86-video-intel. But the DRM fix applies to
> all drivers just to be on the safe side. It's a bit invasive, but ultimately
> a bit safer than leaving things.

The patches from this push fix suspend on the Toshiba Portege R500, but
resume from hibernation is still broken. It works in the minimal configuration
(init=/bin/bash) 100% of the time. It also sort of works from the console, but
then the second attempt to hibernate fails because some tasks cannot be
frozen.

2.6.27.7 hibernates and resumes on the same box 100% of the time, from X too.

I'll carry out bisection in the next few days.

Thanks,
Rafael