Re: Regression from 2.6.26: Hibernation (possibly suspend) brokenon Toshiba R500 (bisected)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Dec 01 2008 - 22:43:23 EST

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> or something like that. And then we just need to figure out which setup
> routine sets the wrong alignment flag,.

Oh, btw, one more thing: since it apparently sometimes _does_ resume
from hibernation without all this, I'd also like to see the actual
differences in /proc/ioports and /proc/iomem that happen as a result of
the different alignment.

I also really suspect we should add a whole "alignment" field to "struct
resource", instead of the size-vs-start flags. The fact is, some PCI
devices have alignment that is neither tied to size or anything else: I
think some PCI bus resources are really always 4kB-aligned, for example
(and aligning them by size will give a bigger alignment than actually
required).

Linus