Re: vanilla kernels hang randomly under Fedora 10 on system with Radeon card

From: Benny Amorsen
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 05:22:55 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Since the following error gets logged by kernel:
>
> [drm:drm_buffer_object_validate] *ERROR* Failed moving buffer. cef578c0 1444 4000027 10000a0
> [drm:drm_buffer_object_validate] *ERROR* Out of aperture space or DRM memory quota.
>
> and it also seems that system is more responsive now (it was kind of
> sluggish previously) my draft theory is that F9 -> F10 triggered some
> AGP memory management bug and CONFIG_DRM_RADEON_KMS happens to fix it
> but I'll leave figuring this up to the more knowledgeable people... ;)

I saw those error messages with kernel-2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i686 and
xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.9.0-54.fc10.i386 on a HP nx8220. It made
gnome-terminal basically useless, especially with tabs since it took
several seconds to switch tabs.

With the proprietary ATI driver everything works perfectly, including
suspend/resume (yay, successful suspend-to-RAM for the first time
since ACPI!)

/Benny