Re: EXT4 ENOSPC Bug

From: Andres Freund
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 09:59:23 EST

Hi Ted, Hi Andreas,

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 08:57:12 Theodore Tso wrote:
> So.... could you apply this patch, attached below. You can trigger it
> using the attached program, debug-ioctl. If the filesystem is
> quiscent, and you've typed sync once or twice, you should get the
> following in your printk logs:
Ok. The system now runs (without problems) with the patch enabled and I can
get the debug output.
30 Minutes after boot the system still returns to zero dirty blocks and the
free blocks seem to stay in a sensible range.
I will let it run for a while and report back if either something interesting
happens or the problem reappears and I am seeing no significant amount of dirty
blocks.

Andres