Anyone working on an Intel Turbo Memory driver?

From: Stefan Schmidt
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 16:36:23 EST

Today I found out that I have sitting a 2GB Intel Turbo Memory miniPCIe card in
my new notebook. lspci shows me the following for it:

04:00.0 Memory controller [0580]: Intel Corporation Turbo Memory Controller
[8086:444e] (rev 11)
Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device [8086:444b]
Memory at f2600000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
I/O ports at 2000 [size=256]
[virtual] Expansion ROM at 80000000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-
Capabilities: [68] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 01

So far I could not found any informations about linux support for it. All
sources claim that it is only supported in Windows vista.

Any informations form the Intel Open Source Labs for this? :)

Stefan Schmidt
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at