Re: CIFS regression in 2.6.27.8

From: Steven French
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 16:10:55 EST

Yes - they look distinct

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com

Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/08/2008 02:58 PM

"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx>
cc
Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dennis Hardy
<dhardy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, layton@xxxxxxxxxx,
Steven French/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>,
netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Holger Hoffstaette <holger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: CIFS regression in 2.6.27.8

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Dennis Hardy <dhardy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>>> I just mounted a network drive (Windows Server) via CIFS under
2.6.27.8, and
>>> the sizes reported by "df" are completely incorrect:
>>> Does anyone else see this sort of behavior with 2.6.27.8? This worked
fine
>>> in 2.6.27.6 (we skipped 2.6.27.7)...

There were several cifs updates in .8 but AFAIU none in .7.

> FWIW, it seems to be related to this one:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/12/8/7

Holger's report is about the userland SMB/CIFS server, while Denis's is
about kernelspace client code. They look like separate issues to me.
--
Stefan Richter