Re: Nasty regression from .27.7 to .27.8: idle samba goes crazy

From: Jan Rekorajski
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 17:31:13 EST

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008, Stefan Richter wrote:

> Holger, it may be unrelated to the issue, but to be sure: Which network
> card driver do you use?

I think you can safely rule out NIC, I'm also seeing this behaviour on a
brand new server with imap hanging in some busy-loop.
Network card in my case:
Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12)

What I observer was one CPU doing 100% system work, and the number of
timer interrupts went from 1k per second to 4k (for the whole system).

I didn't report it because I thought it's one of patches I have to blame.
Oh, and, unfortunately, I can't bisect, I'm seeing this only on one machine
that has to be running.

Jan
--
Jan Rekorajski | ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl | OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?