Re: Is the Ricoh R5C822 documentation available?

From: David Härdeman
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 18:44:26 EST

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 12:25:35AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
Hey Frans,

The Ricoh R5C822 card reader in my laptop includes a smart card reader
(http://www.ricoh.com/LSI/product_pcif/pcc/5c821/index.html) but it
doesn't seem supported by the kernel.

Weird. My laptop has the same device and I've successfully installed Debian to it [1]...

Sorry if I was unclear. The sdhci part of the R5C822 works as expected (at least with a SDHC card which is the only media I've tested it with), it's the integrated *smart card* reader which seems unsupported and which I'm trying to find specs for...

--
David Härdeman