Sanitizing Pipe Buffers

From: markus reichelt
Date: Tue Dec 09 2008 - 16:47:38 EST

Hi,

who maintains that pipe buffer magic in 2.6?

Reason I'm asking: The kernel 2.4 branch does not sanitize pipe
buffers, but there's a trivial patch to achieve this [1]

I'd like to have the option to sanitize pipe buffers in 2.6.x kernels
too, so I'm looking for a person to talk to. From what I heard,
in kernel 2.6 branch pipe magic works differently. To what extend
exactly? Or are pipe buffers already sanitized in the 2.6 kernel
branch? (I doubt that)

In light of the cold-boot attack[2] I'd like to have pipe buffers
sanitized. So, how do I achieve this? Any hints?

[1] http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/2008-06/msg00004.html
[2] http://citp.princeton.edu/memory/

--
left blank, right bald