Is there something like multi-device fan out ?

From: J.A. Magallon
Date: Thu Dec 11 2008 - 18:27:32 EST

Hi...

I suspect this sounds like a strange question.
A friend has a company that distributes his own catalogs on CD-ROM, and wants
to build a mass-burning box (something like 8 CD/DVD burners), running linux.

The problem is how to burn an image at the same time to all writers.
I could write a script, but I think this would launch 8 reads on the same
iso file, all desynchronized, that will drive nuts the disk.
Is there any way to get all the /dev/sr? devices and build something like
a fan-out device, or like a RAID1-CDROM or whatever ?
I suppose it has to be done at the kernel level...

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon \ Software is like sex:
\ It's better when it's free