Keyboard not attached to any console

From: Alessio Sangalli
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 02:03:30 EST

Hi, how can I totally detach a keyboard from the console, so that I can
just open its /dev/input/eventX device and get exclusive use?

As far as I am concerned the console is on ttyS0 and I do not want
events from supplementary keyboards (PS/2 or USB) to be propagated to
anything else than applications explicitly opening the aforementioned
devices.

Back in 2.4 times I did something similar but now the whole input system
looks so different :)

In short I would like to:
- have full control of the LEDs (I do not want the num-lock key to
toggle the num-lock LED)
- not propagate things like ctrl+alt+del (I know I can disable this one
in inittab but that's not the point)

thank you
Alessio