Re: [Announce]: Target_Core_Mod/ConfigFS and LIO-Target v3.0 work

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 02:21:22 EST

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
<nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 20:24 +0100, Bart Van Assche wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 4:14 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
>> <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Things are moving quickly for Target_Core_Mod/ConfigFS and LIO-Target
>> > v3.0 development, and I invite folks to have a look at the code. To
>> > dive into the rest of the v3.0 code via git-web, check out:
>> >
>> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/nab/lio-core-2.6.git;a=tree;f=drivers/lio-core
>>
>> I didn't have a look at the LIO code, but I ran it through checkpatch.
>> The result summary is as follows:
>>
> Thanks for the note, but checkpatch output on the entire tree (not just
> the patchs I posted) does not really help the discussion. Obviously
> this is on my list before submission for Target_Core_Mod/ConfigFS for
> v2.6.29. However, what would be nice if you actually sent a kernel
> patch for these issues.

I ran checkpatch on the files in drivers/lio-core ONLY. I did this by
converting all the files in drivers/lio-core through a script into a
patch, and by running checkpatch on the generated patch.

And as you already know I'm not going to work on LIO.

Bart.