kernel panics with net_rx_action on kernels >2.6.26

From: Alexander Huemer
Date: Sat Dec 13 2008 - 13:50:31 EST

hi,

one of my machines (x86) crashes under heavy network load with kernels
>2.6.26, i tried quite everything possible between 2.6.27 and 2.6.28-rc8.

lspci -vv: http://xx.vu/~ahuemer/lspci_vv.txt
of the quad nic 2 ports are used, the machine is acting as a iptables
firewall/router.

kernel config (2.6.26) http://xx.vu/~ahuemer/config
screenshot of the panic:
http://xx.vu/~ahuemer/kernel_panic_net_rx_action.jpg

as i do not have any problems with kernels <=2.6.26, i doubt that this
is a hardware problem.
in case of the panic, nothing is written to the system log.

any hints welcome.
please CC me on replies, i am not subscribed to the mailing list.

thanks in advance.

--
alex