Re: suspend/resume fails on second attempt in LNXVIDEO:00

From: Robby Workman
Date: Sun Dec 14 2008 - 04:23:01 EST

In linux.kernel, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I'm trying to debug a resume problem on a compaq presario C700 laptop
> on the Ubuntu 2.6.24-22-generic kernel.
>
> SNIPPED
>
> These symptoms mirror a lot of other reports with this machine in that
> the first suspend/resume cycle works but a second attempts
> (apparently) suspends fine but fails on resume. The backlight on the
> video does not come back and neither does the wireless connection, so
> I'm not positive the problems are purely video related.
>
> How can I proceed from here to further debug what kind of workarounds
> or solutions I might be able to use to get reliable suspend/resume
> functionality?

Assuming Ubuntu uses pm-utils for suspend/hibernate operations, then I
suspect you're needing this patch - the symptoms fit (suspend works
the first time, but fails thereafter), especially if a reboot causes
suspend to work fine again the first time...

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pm-utils/commit/?id=6c9f2959a36e608e4d1f71230a9eaaa77940c54e

-RW