Re: Perfomance governor is still changing frequency

From: Tim Blechmann
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 15:55:23 EST

> I'm noticing strange behavior on my T61.
>
> When I select performance governor for my CPU I still get occasional
> drop on CPU frequency from 2.2.GHz to 800MHz.

afaict, it is a bios issue ... on my thinkpad t60, the bios can be
configured to covern the clock speed ... there is `thermal mode' option,
where you can choose something like `full performance' and a `thermal
optimized' ... i don't remember the full option name, but it is somehow
named this way ...
on my t60 the cpu was clocked down sometimes in order to keep the cpu
temperature below 70Ì until i switched to `full performance' ...

hth, tim

--
tim@xxxxxxxxxx
http://tim.klingt.org

The price an artist pays for doing what he wants is that he has to do
it.
William S. Burroughs