2.6.28-rc8 intel i915 video bug?

From: Caleb Cushing
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 06:40:44 EST

problem is when switching from kwin in opengl mode to a VT then back
to x11, x11 freezes, and I'm forced to hard reset the system.

last part of Xorg.0.log.old

(II) intel(0): EDID vendor "DEL", prod id 41015
exaCopyDirty: Pending damage region empty!
(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
(II) intel(0): xf86UnbindGARTMemory: unbind key 0
(II) intel(0): xf86UnbindGARTMemory: unbind key 1

at this point I'm not really sure this is a kernel bug, it could be
anywhere from the kernel to kwin. I do know that I didn't have this
issue in previous kernels (skipped 2.6.27 though). I was thinking
maybe this somehow has something to do with the new GEM system but I
could be off base.

more info available upon request, please cc me as I'm not on the list
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com