Re: suspend/resume fails on second attempt in LNXVIDEO:00

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 10:25:56 EST

On Tuesday, 16 of December 2008, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:02:43 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> >
> > No, most probably your graphics adapter is not handled correctly in this
> > case, because it needs some special user space quirks, which are done by
> > hald that is not running.
>
> Hrm. OK.
>
> > You can try to use the s2ram binary (http://en.opensuse.org/s2ram) to
> > work around this issue.
>
> That sounds like I am setting for something less than optimal. Is that
> the case? Why would I want to use what I've been trying to get working
> rather than s2ram? Maybe put another way, why isn't everyone using s2ram?

Because the hal-driven whitelist allows us to match systems in a more detailed
way. If your system is in the s2ram whitelist already and works with it, there
shouldn't be any difference.

Still, I was only considering that as a debugging aid in your case, because
s2ram works in the minimal configuration, while hald doesn't.

> Ultimately I'm going to want to be able to suspend as well as hibernate,
> for whatever that's worth.
>
> > Anyway, if you suspend for the second time from this state, does it
> > resume?
>
> No. It fails just as miserably. :-(

That's a bit of new information.

What's the list of modules loaded in the minimal configuration?

Rafael