Re: Have the velociraptors in a test system now, checkout theerrors.

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 18:21:38 EST

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Bill Davidsen wrote:

Redeeman wrote:
On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 19:11 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:

Justin Piszcz wrote:

Calls itself "WDC WD10EACS-00D" in /sys if that helps. I could dig out the packing slip if it matters. Runs nicely so far, and if the SMART temperature probe is correct, very cool:

/dev/sda: ST3750640AS: 43 C
/dev/sdb: WDC WD10EACS-00D6B1: 31 C
/dev/sdc: ST3750640AS: 44 C
/dev/sdd: ST3750640AS: 46 C

I don't totally trust the temps, there is a LOT of 18C air going into that box, because it has a lot coming out the back and side.

Hmm do you have a picture of those seagates? Seems like a lack of airflow there
or do they just run really hot? Also, how many head unload/loads has the
1.0TB GP drive performed, that was one of my concerns when I was looking at
disks.

Justin.