Re: bug or hardware memory error?

From: Keith Chew
Date: Sun Dec 21 2008 - 18:15:28 EST

Hi Willy

> well, it could be any. 2.6.20.1 is very old, even for the 2.6.20 branch.
> A few hundreds of bugs have been fixed since. If you don't need to stick
> to 2.6.20, you should try 2.6.27.10. If you need to stick to 2.6.20 for
> whatever reason, please at least try with 2.6.20.21 (the latest 2.6.20
> patch). Even with that, there's no guarantee that the present bug will
> be fixed though.

Ok, will try the latest kernel to see if that fixes it. 2.6.20.1 was
actually the latest kernel when I rolled it out to these machines. The
IRQ Lockup messages have never caused any problems to the the
application, but only recently I caught the stack trace. Of course I
may have missed catching these stack traces in the past, but they are
rare.

Thanks again for your input.

Regards
Keith