Re: Bug 10173 / Bluetooth on Toshiba & Compal laptops

From: Robert M. Albrecht
Date: Tue Dec 23 2008 - 02:04:57 EST

Hi,

the module is loaded:

[root@tycho ~]# lsmod | grep kill
rfkill 11288 2 toshiba_acpi
[root@tycho ~]#

The wlan-devices works ok, it get's disabled and enabled via rfkill. But the bluetooth-device does not get reeanbled after switching it off.

cu romal

Am 15.12.2008 23:47 Uhr, schrieb Philip Langdale:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:34:52 +0100, "Robert M. Albrecht"<mail@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi Phil,

anything I can do ? Providing some logs or granting ssh access to the
machine to have a look ?

If necessary, that would be useful. However, the first question to ask is
actually
related to my possibility C) - which I'm now re-evaluating as much more
likely.

If you don't load the 'rfkill-input' module, then there is no policy
applied to
killswitch handling. The core driver puts the device in the SOFT_BLOCKED
state
when the de-assert the hardware switch. rfkill-input contains the policy
that
decides to go one step further and re-enable the device. This module has no
hardware dependencies so it is not automatically loaded - you must do it
explicitly yourself.

If that's not your problem, then we'll have to dig deeper.

--phil