Re: Hi! I've noticed that kernel.org advertises 2.6.28 as "The lateststable version of the Linux kernel is".

From: Ãric Piel
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 06:50:25 EST

Igor Podlesny schreef:
> Actually that's either a mistake or I don't know what you guys call "a
> stable version".
[removing all the part which needs bug report numbers]

I agree with you that the website is not very clear for someone not
accustomed to the Linux kernel development. There are actually more
stable versions available but they are not advertised. Maybe there
should be more trees displayed, something like this:
The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is: 2.6.28
The previous stable version of the Linux kernel is: 2.6.27.10
The latest longtime version of the Linux kernel is: 2.6.16.62
:

They correspond respectively to Linus'/stable team's tree, the stable
team's tree of the previous version (which keeps being updated even
after the latest Linus' stable release) and Adrian Bunk's tree.

Eric