PCI resource collision message

From: yogeshwar sonawane
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 01:51:27 EST

Hi all,

I have seen the following message in /var/log/messages file :-

PCI: Device 0000:01:00.0 not available because of resource collisions

Whenever this msg comes, the PCI card which is present in 0000:01:00.0
is not useful/accessible.
While detection of card, pci_set_master() fails.
But after reboot, that msg goes & card is working fine.

This card is a Network controller PCI-Express based card.
The above problem comes very rarely & not on all the test nodes. The
situation may be difficult to reproduce.

So, my question is, what to interpret from the above message ?
PCI bios allocates the PCI resources. So where to look to remove this error ?

TIA,
Yogeshwar