Re: 2.6.28 ext4, xen and lvm volume becomes ro after snapshot

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 09:10:33 EST

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 09:29:02AM +0100, Andreas Sundstrom wrote:

> Well, the patch didn't work when I did "patch -i ext4.patch -p1" but I
> did it manually and the code compiles and works fine.

The patch assumed some whitespace cleanups earlier in the ext4 patch
queue, which is probably why you had to apply the patch by hand.
Thanks for trying it out!!

May I add:

Tested-by: Andreas Sundstrom <sunkan@xxxxxxxx>

To the patch commit log? We've been trying trying to give credit to
those people who work with kernel developers to test fixes, but given
that it does add peoples' e-mail addresses, it's something I always
ask permission to do if that person hasn't agreed to this sort of
thing already.

Thanks again,

- Ted