Re: ath9k microwave anomaly

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 22:59:46 EST

Steven Noonan wrote:
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Justin P. Mattock
<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dave Jones wrote:
On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 06:47:32PM -0800, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> Now I'm not trying to be funny,
> but I think I figured a problem
> with running ath9k, and having the internet
> timeout.(for me at least);
> When streaming T.V.(cspan2), and
> streaming music(somafm), at the same time,
> then using the microwave, I'll experience a blackout
> of internet(T.V. stops, then music stops streaming);

not specific to ath9k.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=578 has some pretty graphics
to show just how much noise a microwave puts into the part
of the spectrum wifi uses.

Dave

Damn that's allot,
no wonder I was having these timeouts.
i.g. system streams fine for 10 hours.
then the next day a timeout after 2 hours due
to microwave use.
Thanks for pointing that blog out.
that opened my eyes up to how powerful
a microwave is. makes me wonder if that
grade in the window actually does what is supposed to.
(block gamma rays or whatever the dangerous wave is);

regards;

Justin P. Mattock

Yeah, I think it was Luis Rodriguez (from Atheros) who told me that a
microwave was the best way to make a signal "wet poop" for
interference testing.

Well, this one here seems to be not
that old, but it's enough to cause
interference. Hopefully not too old