Re: document ext3 requirements

From: Duane Griffin
Date: Sun Jan 04 2009 - 17:06:57 EST

2009/1/4 Theodore Tso <tytso@xxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 07:51:27PM +0000, Duane Griffin wrote:
>>
>> If anyone is interested I'd be happy to dust off and send them my old
>> patches to implement this. There are a couple of issues with it.
>> First, I never got around to implementing remount R/W support. Second,
>> I had to introduce a rather nasty hack in order to handle un-escaping
>> JFS magic numbers.
>
> Can you dust off the patches and send a copy to
> linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so we have them archived someplace where
> hopefully someone might have time to look at it?

OK, will do. I've posted them there before, but not the latest version
that properly handles un-escaping JFS magic numbers (albeit in an ugly
way). I'll rebase them on top of the latest ext4 patch queue and
repost.

> - Ted

Cheers,
Duane.

--
"I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan