Who wrote 2.6.28

From: Wang Chen
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 10:20:07 EST

As Jonathon and Greg did, I also made a statistic about who wrote the Linux kernel.
The following data is for 2.6.28 development. (http://www.remword.com/kps_result/)

1. The attachment graph "commit.png" shows the change of commit amount of patches and changed lines.
It seems that 2.6.28 has less commits than 2.6.27 of both patch set and changed lines.

2. The attachment graph "who.png" shows the involved developers and employers in each version of kernel.
It seems that 2.6.28 has more developers and companies involved than previous two versions, but
less than that of 2.6.25. From a long vision, more and more developers and companies join to the
development of Linux kernel, but the increase speed is not so fast.

3. About TOP30 employers who commit most to kernel, (http://remword.com/kps_result/2_6_28_emtop)
Hobbyists is still the most group who contribute most to kernel development.

4. About longtail, (http://remword.com/kps_result/2_6_28_lt)
There are 624 people who committed less than 2 patch sets, but their contribution is about 8%
of total.

5. About Reviewed-by and Tested-by.
More and more review and test efforts are regarded by people, Tested-by sign number(173)
is highest in kernel development history.

6. Anyone who wants to check some person or company's contribution curve, please use
http://remword.com/kps_result/evolvement.php

BTW:
To collect information about developers' employ relationship, I search on the Internet
(not by asking themselves) and use gitdm-config which is created by Jonathon and Greg.
Thanks Jonathon and Greg :)

--
WCN

PNG image