Re: A SuSE riddle

From: Sitsofe Wheeler
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 14:41:49 EST

markus reichelt wrote:
this goes out to the SusE folks in here:

What the heck is needed to get one's hands on the contents of

kernel-source-2.6.27.7-9.1.i586.rpm

Crazy though this sounds that's not actually a kernel question (this isn't really the place to get help with RPM)...

The usual tools fail.

It workedforme but perhaps my usual tools are different to yours : ). I really recommend asking on a (friendly?) SUSE area about this as I suspect http://www.suse.de/~agruen/kernel-doc/ (found via http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en-us&q=suse+compile+kernel&btnG=Search ) might not detail quite enough steps to help you past this...

Good luck!