Re: tip: bzip2/lzma now in tip:x86/setup-lzma

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 17:59:45 EST

Alain Knaff wrote:
H. Peter Anvin wrote:
I'm thinking that with "preferred" we might just use the first one in
the priority list "lzma, bzip2, gzip, uncompressed" depending on what is
installed in the kernel.

Using the kernel method may definitely not work, especially on
architectures which don't do this style of kernel compression.

-hpa

Ok. For the new change, may I do a diff against the current
x86/lzma-setup , or should I do the whole 5-part dance again?

Go ahead and do an incremental patch at this point.

-hpa