Re: 2.6.29 -mm merge plans

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 18:20:25 EST

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 03:17:47PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure we already had a version better than that in your
> > tree on the list. But I've lost track and we should just restart
> > the review cycle on -fsdevel.
>
> Yeah, I have the three hfs patches:
>
> hfsplus-identify-journal-info-block-in-volume-header.patch
> hfsplus-fix-journal-detection.patch
> hfs-add-basic-export-support.patch
>
> in a holding pattern awaiting a second round, due to laggy, incomplete
> and confusing noises from various people. It all needs a revisit.

The first two are not for me to decide. They look fine code-wise,
but IIRC Roman had some issues with wether the condition should be
possible at all.

The third one is where I requested a respin, and I'm pretty sure I've
seen a version with some improvement over the one in your tree. Let's
get the latests version back on -fsdevel and review it again.

The one in your tree certainly is not ready.