Re: 2.6.28: warn_slowpath in orinoco receive path

From: Dave
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 18:40:18 EST

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> On 06 January 2009 23:02:06 Dave wrote:
>
>> Since we have to use spinlock we should introduce an rx_lock
>> specifically to protect the list so the tasklet is not held up by
>> anything else the driver is doing. I'll put something together if you
>> don't get round to it first.
>>

> You mean something like attached patch? Not sure if it worth it frankly.

That's what I meant. I forgot we took orinoco_lock in orinoco_interrupt
though, and that highlights the fact that I've neglected to ensure
orinoco_lock is held when orinoco_rx is called from the tasklet.

So the locking gets simpler and fixes more problems than the one you
noticed. But there's some extra cleanup to do. I'll submit a patch in a
second.

I'm surprised my wireless hasn't misbehaved in the last year.

Dave.