Re: [RFC] B+Tree library V2

From: JÃrn Engel
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 15:03:07 EST

On Thu, 8 January 2009 18:10:01 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 17:24 +0100, JÃrn Engel wrote:
>
> > If you want to open-code it, you can use btree_lookup_less(). I added
> > that function sometime last month. Basically something like this:
> > key = btree_last(head, geo);
> > while (key) {
> > /* do something with key */
> > key = btree_lookup_less(head, geo, key);
> > }
>
> Ok, so looking deeper into this, how about adding
>
> #define btree_for_each_key(head, geo, key, tmp) \
> for (key = btree_last(head, geo), tmp = btree_get_prev_key(head, geo, key);
> key; key = tmp, tmp = btree_get_prev_key(head, geo, key))

[ Changed the function name above. It really isn't a lookup, it returns
a key, not a value. My fault. ]

Looks correct otherwise. Probably needs a comment that without "tmp" we
would skip a 0 key. Or am I the only one who wants to simplify the code
before spotting this little subtlety?

> (and possibly some type-checking variants that hardcode the geo)
>
> Does that seem correct? And would it be possible to provide btree_last()
> that takes an void ** and fills it with the last entry, and the same for
> lookup_less(), so we can write btree_for_each_entry() too?

Not sure what you mean. Something with the same effect as this?

#define btree_for_each_val(head, geo, key, val) \
for (key = btree_last(head, geo), \
val = btree_lookup(head, geo, key); \
val; \
key = btree_get_prev_key(head, geo, key), \
val = btree_lookup(head, geo, key))

JÃrn

--
Time? What's that? Time is only worth what you do with it.
-- Theo de Raadt