Re: [Regression] Build failure in current mainline - firmwarerelated

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Sat Jan 10 2009 - 09:37:35 EST

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 22:44 +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> We could try to rearrange things so we do not trigger
> the rebuild of ihex2fw in the modules_install case.
> This would likely involve creating a new file listing
> all the firmawre files and share it between firmware/Makefile
> and scripts/Makefile.fwinst

Didn't we already have that, but it got broken for some reason, by
unwanted changes in commit 4b29631db33292d416dc395c56122ea865e7635c

Your patch seems to have broken the Fedora kernel build for 'noarch',
which runs 'make firmware_install' without building a kernel.

Rafael, if you revert Sam's fix and also revert 4b29631d, does it work
again?

--
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx Intel Corporation