Re: [GIT PULL] LED updates for 2.6.29

From: Richard Purdie
Date: Sun Jan 11 2009 - 06:49:21 EST

On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 21:43 -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 04:31 -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> > > The LED tree makes more sense for what's left I think. There was a
> > > openfirmware gpio patch, but that's already gone in. What's left only
> > > touches led files and the device tree binding docs.
> > >
> > > AFAIK, there were no objections to the patches left.
> >
> > Ok, these are now queued in the LED tree:
> >
> > http://git.o-hand.com/cgit.cgi/linux-rpurdie-leds/log/
> >
> > I did merge the last three patches in one and make some changes to deal
> > with some other outstanding issues. Let me know ASAP if there are any
> > problems.
>
> Since the last patch looks like it's just my three patches folded into one,
> shouldn't I be listed as the author and the primary signed off by?

I made changes other than just merging the three together (the
syspend/resume change and the bitfield parts in leds.h) so putting you
as signed off by/authorship would not have been "correct" and I credited
you in the commit message instead. I wanted to get the missing patches
queued ASAP so I went with the way that does fit in the rules as you'd
not have been happy if a modified patch was attributed to you. I'll put
you as author and a signoff if you confirm thats acceptable.

Cheers,

Richard