Re: 2.6.29 -mm merge plans

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Sun Jan 11 2009 - 22:36:08 EST

Hi,

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, Warren Turkal wrote:

(Sorry for the delay.)

> I have a drive at home with the condition. So empirically, it can happen.

One problem is that there is no explanation how it happened.
The other problem is that in the Apple driver or tools I haven't found an
equivalent (unless you disable journaling completely), there is simply no
special handling of a zero in this field.
I find it more likely that some repair tool simply sets this field to
zero, so it forces the OS X driver to reinitialize the journal file. It
might help to look at the last_mount field to have some idea who accessed
the volume last.
So your first patch is kinda trivial, although most of comment isn't
needed and is irrelevant to the patch itself, however I don't see a reason
to apply the second patch.

bye, Roman