Re: [BUG] MMC/SD: SDHC card capacity not correct

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 10:20:58 EST

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:53:52 +0800
"yi li" <liyi.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> I am using a Transcend SDHC 8GB SD card, with mmc-spi driver in
> Linux-2.6.28. When inserting the card, the messages shows the card
> capacity is "3.51 GiB":
> "mmc0: new SDHC card on SPI
> mmcblk0: mmc0:0000 SDC 3.51 GiB
> mmcblk0: p1 "
>
> While fdisk shows correct capacity:
> " fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0
> Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 8068 MB, 8068268032 bytes

Odd. Is the entire device accessible? (I.e. is it just a printk
problem?)

Could you give me a dmesg dump with MMC_DEBUG turned on in Kconfig?

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.