new barrier warnings in 2.6.29-rc1

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 10:46:54 EST

Whever a filesystem submits a bio with the barrier flag set but
the underlying hardware doesn't support it we now get errors in
the form of:

[ 3046.442629] end_request: I/O error, dev vdb, sector 0

since commit a7384677b2f4cd40948fd7ce024ba5e1821444ba which removed
the early check on the queue capabilities in __make_request. I
think this message is pretty annoying and confusing for the user
as the filesystems already have more descriptive warnings, e.g. for
XFS:

[ 3046.455478] Filesystem "vdb": Disabling barriers, trial barrier write failed