Re: - lis3lv02d-separate-the-core-from-hp-acpi-api.patch removedfrom -mm tree

From: Harvey Harrison
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 16:09:43 EST

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 12:49 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:30:44 +0100
> Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > BTW... "-" for both "patch is junk" and "patch is now mainline" is quite
> > confusing. Could we get you to use "-" for "patch was dropped because
> > it is junk" and "*" (or something) for "patch is now mainline"?
>
> I think I can manage that.

maybe:

-[short reason]patchname.patch

Examples
-[upstream]patchname.patch for mainline or subsytem tree
-[junk]patchname.patch
-[update]patchname.patch for 'updated version will be merged'

Or, if you started to track how things got upstream, then you could easily
let people know where to go looking for it.

-[mainline]
-[x86]
-[gregkh]

Just a thought.