Re: intel kms "Failed to allocate space for kernel memory manager"

From: Jan Dittmer
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 17:09:57 EST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> name of display: :0.0
>> libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 1.9.0 i965 (screen 0)
>> libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/local/lib/dri/i965_dri.so
>> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>> drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
>> drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:00:02.0
>> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>> drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
>> drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
>> drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:00:02.0
>> libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed (Resource temporarily
>> unavailable) libGL error: reverting to software direct rendering
>>
>> ?
>> This is with latest mesa git libGL. Any special compilation options for
>> mesa?
>
> Nope, not afaik. Are you sure UXA is enabled? And that Mesa was built
> against the same libdrm bits as your 2D driver? If so, then I guess it's
> time to file a bug. :)

With the patches againg 29-rc1 from here
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=3a03ac1a0223f779a3de313523408ddb099e5679;hp=dc1336ff4fe08ae7cfe8301bfd7f0b2cfd31d20a
and here
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/msg/26aa0471cfb54b06?dmode=source&output=gplain
at least glxinfo works.

Anyways thanks for your help, time to get some sleep,

Jan